UPDATE 1.25.19: “Rescue crews in Spain early Saturday found the body of a 2-year-old boy, whose fall into a deep borehole 13 days earlier prompted a complex and heart-wrenching search-and-rescue operation that had the country holding its breath.” –read more on abc.news.go.com
Presumed Facts about the Julen Rosello Accident:
- A 2-year-old boy named Julen Rosello is missing. He fell down a borehole that is approximately 360 feet deep and that is narrower than 10 inches. He has been missing for 3 days.
- In 2017 Julen’s brother Oliver who was 3 years old passed away from a heart condition on a family walk at the beach.
- “Emergency workers have been unable to pass through the 240-foot mark of the shaft, blocked by an accumulation of hardened soil and rocks.” – Kdvr.com
- Maria Gamez who is the government representative that has looked at some DNA evidence found stated that there is “scientific evidence that the minor is there ” in the borehole
- His parents are José Rosello and Vicky García
- The little boy, fell into a possibly unmarked borehole, boreholes are created when someone is digging holes to search for a spot for a well.
- There are more that 100 rescuers working on this rescue currently
- Vicky García, Julen’s mom, is quoted saying, “Oliver, don’t forget your brother, Julen…you know we’ve been waiting for him for many hours. I know you protect him a lot, my little King…If it’s true that there’s a God up there…help him please” she wrote, then concluded with Hold on Julen.” (according to express.co.uk article)
- Angel Garcia the leading engineer stated that currently, Spanish rescuers are drilling a 260-foot long horizontal tunnel which will take approximately 48 hours to complete
- All the father of the little boy could do was pull rocks away from the hole so they don’t fall in, he feels helpless and heartbroken.
- The rescue effort is now on its 4th day
- Angel Garcia, the leading engineer stated that the digging will not start until at least early Friday so a platform for heavy machinery can be put in place
- A horizontal hole bored in the past 24 hours from a hillside hit heavy stone and they were unable to continue.
- There is rain projected in the forecast
I will update this article as more information comes in. These facts have been collected from news sources and articles.
Reference & Read more on:
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!